Hello and Welcome to my Help Page.
For those of you who’ve never written a review, struggle with what to write, or have issues sharing on different social media outlets, I’d like to offer some helpful tips below. Thank you for sharing, it’s always appreciated.
Leaving a Review:
First and foremost, I’m asking you to always be 100% honest in any review. Think of a review as you sitting down with a friend and you want them to read the book you just finished. What would you say to peek their interest and make them want to run out to get a copy for themselves? Some of the best places to leave a review are Amazon, GoodReads, iBooks, Kobo, and Nook.
Adding a book to GoodReads:
The most helpful way encourage an author on GoodReads is to add her to your bookshelf. This will spread the word to your friends. If you’ve already read the book you’d like to add, mark it as “read” and assign a star rating. Text reviews go a long way in helping a book gain exposure, so take a few moments to write up your honest thoughts.
Recommending a book on GoodReads:
Love my latest read? Why not share the love, and recommend it to your friends? Here’s a simple step-by-step guide.
- Go to the Goodreads book page for the chosen book
- At the top right, directly under the main menu bar, find the list of links that reads “Recommend it | Stats | Recent status updates.”
- Click “Recommend it.”
- A new page opens up. You can then select your friends from Goodreads, Facebook, or via email who you think will enjoy your recommendation.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page after selecting your list of friends and enter a message.
- This is optional, but a lot of fun! Let your friends know why you think they’ll love this book or series—give it your own personal endorsement.
- Click the “Recommend” button at the bottom of the page. That’s it! You’re done!